How to Remove Bad Odor Smell from Shoes?
Having an unintentional Smell Shoe odor is a common problem, especially for shoes that are worn frequently or in sweaty conditions. The odor smell is caused by bacteria that thrive in the warm, moist environment of shoes. Over time, these bacteria can build up and cause shoes to smell unpleasant.
Choose our Luxury Nike sneakers that are made from high-quality materials
There are a number of ways to remove odor from shoes. Some of the most popular methods include:
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that can absorb smells and bacteria. To use baking soda to remove shoe odor, simply sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda inside the shoes and let it sit overnight. In the morning, shake out the baking soda and wipe down the inside of the shoes with a damp cloth.
- White vinegar: White vinegar is another natural deodorizer that can be used to remove shoe odor. To use white vinegar, mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the inside of the shoes with the vinegar solution and let them air dry.
- Rubbing alcohol: Rubbing alcohol is a disinfectant that can kill the bacteria that cause shoe odor. To use rubbing alcohol to remove shoe odor, simply wipe the inside of the shoes with a cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- Coffee grounds: Coffee grounds are a natural deodorizer that can also help to absorb moisture from shoes. To use coffee grounds to remove shoe odor, simply place a few tablespoons of coffee grounds in a sock or coffee filter and tie it up. Place the sock or coffee filter in each shoe and let it sit overnight.
- Activated charcoal: Activated charcoal is a highly absorbent material that can trap odor molecules. To use activated charcoal to remove shoe odor, simply place a few tablespoons of activated charcoal in a sock or coffee filter and tie it up. Place the sock or coffee filter in each shoe and let it sit overnight.
If your shoes are heavily soiled, you may need to wash them before using any of the above methods. To wash your shoes, remove the laces and insoles and place the shoes in a washing machine. Wash the shoes on a gentle cycle with cold water and a mild detergent. Allow the shoes to air dry completely before wearing them again.
Here are some additional tips for preventing shoe odor:
- Wear socks with your shoes. Socks help to absorb sweat and moisture, which can help to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Avoid wearing the same pair of shoes two days in a row. Give your shoes a chance to air out and dry completely before wearing them again.
- If you live in a humid climate, consider using a shoe dryer to help dry out your shoes after wearing them.
- Store your shoes in a well-ventilated area. Avoid storing your shoes in plastic bags or airtight containers, as this can trap moisture and promote the growth of bacteria.
If you have tried all of the above methods and your shoes still have bad smell, you may need to take them to a professional shoe cleaner.
Buying a new pair of sneakers can be a great way to refresh your look and improve your comfort, you can find the perfect pair of sneakers for your needs here.